2 laborers died due to electrocution from electric pole. Varanasi News – Times of India

Varanasi: in one Accidenttwo brothers, both handcart laborersGot electrocuted in Ramakant Nagar Colony near Pichas Mochan Achara on Thursday afternoon.
The dead were identified as Anil Sahni (35) and chhotu sahni (40), native of Begusarai (Bihar). He lived in a rented house in Habibpura area here and worked as a trolley labourer.
According to the information, the 33/11 KV Electricity Sub-station Chowkaghat was informed that due to internal fault in the heritage street light pole installed by the Municipal Corporation in Ramakant Nagar, there has been an incident of electrocution. Both the laborers who were resting near the pole got electrocuted. Police took him to Kabirchaura Hospital, where he was declared brought dead. As soon as the information was received at the sub-station, the power supply was stopped and the said heritage street light pole was separated from the LT line.