6-month-old girl burnt alive in fire caused by gas leak in UP

While all the family members ran outside, the child was sleeping inside a room (Representational)

Agra:

A six-month-old baby girl was burnt alive and two persons were injured when a house caught fire due to leakage in an LPG gas cylinder, police said on Thursday.

The incident is of Beloth village under Khandoli police station area of ​​Agra.

The incident took place on Wednesday night when the child’s maternal grandmother lit a stove to boil milk for the child. Incharge Anandveer Singh told PTI that the entire kitchen and house caught fire due to the cylinder leaking.

When all the family members ran outside, the child was sleeping in a room inside. His maternal grandfather Dorilal and maternal uncle Rishi entered the house to receive him, but they were injured and could not save him, they said.

“After that, Dorilal and Rishi were sent to a hospital in Agra for treatment. Both of them are safe now,” Singh said.

He told that the body of the newborn has been sent for postmortem.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

featured video of the day

Long queues at Delhi airport, situation improving