what is a
A Netflix household is a collection of your Netflix devices that are connected to the Internet at the main location where you watch Netflix. Netflix Home can be set up using a TV device. Devices that use your Netflix account on the same Internet connection as this TV will automatically become part of your Netflix household.
How to set up or update your Netflix household?
You can set up or update your Netflix household when you’re signed in to Netflix from your Internet-connected TV.
- From the Netflix home screen on your TV, press Left on your remote to open the menu.
- Select Get Help > Manage Netflix Household.
- Select Confirm Netflix Household or Update My Netflix Household.
- Select Send Email or Send Text. A verification link will be sent to the account email address or phone number. Verification links expire after 15 minutes.
- If you don’t receive the verification link by email or text, click Resend email or Resend text. Or you can choose another option or select Remind me later.
- Select Yes, it was me in the email, or tap the link in the text message, then Confirm Netflix Household or Update Netflix Household to continue.
- You will see a confirmation on your TV screen and receive a confirmation email. Select Continue on Netflix to begin watching.
How does Netflix detect Netflix home devices?
Netflix uses information such as IP addresses, device IDs, and account activity to determine whether a device signed in to your account is part of your Netflix household.
What if Netflix finds out you’re streaming outside ‘home’?
- If you – or someone else with your account – streams outside of the primary Netflix household, there’s a verification process, which is as follows
- You will receive a link on your email ID or phone number linked to your account
- Open the link and you will get the four digit verification code
- There is a time limit of 15 minutes to enter the code on the device, it is restricted
- The correct code gives you access to your Netflix account
Does Netflix collect location/GPS data to do this?
No, Netflix has clearly stated that it does not collect GPS data to determine the exact physical location of your devices.
What if Netflix is not a household set?
If a user hasn’t set up Netflix Household, it will automatically set one up for you based on IP address, device ID, and account activity. Users then have the option of updating their Netflix home from a TV connected to the Internet.
What are Netflix’s plans in India?
Netflix has four plans in India – Mobile (Rs 149 per month), Basic (Rs 199 per month), Standard (Rs 499 per month), and Premium (Rs 649 per month). Here’s what users get with these plans:
|mobile||Unlimited ad-free movies, TV shows and mobile games
Watch on 1 phone or tablet at the same time
Download to 1 phone or tablet at a time
|basic||Unlimited ad-free movies, TV shows and mobile games
Watch on 1 supported device at a time
watch in HD
Download on 1 supported device at a time
|Standard||Unlimited ad-free movies, TV shows and mobile games
Watch on 2 supported devices at the same time
View in Full HD
|premium||Unlimited ad-free movies, TV shows and mobile games
Watch on 4 supported devices at the same time
View in Ultra HD
Download on up to 6 supported devices at a time
netflix spatial audio