People evacuated after bar catches fire in Thane Thane News – Times of India

Thane: Residents of a four-storey building in Thane’s Upvan area were evacuated after a fire broke out in the generator unit of a bar and restaurant running on the ground floor on Friday evening. The officers provided this information.
No one was injured in the incident.
The fire broke out after a minor explosion in the generator unit of Sur Sangeet Bar-Restaurant, which operates from the ground floor of Krishna Towers building in Vartak Nagar ward, Avinash Sawant, head of Regional Disaster Management Cell, said.
Passers-by heard the sound of the explosion after which they saw the fire in the generator unit which was spreading. The horrified residents immediately alerted the administration and also evacuated the structure as a precautionary measure. The fire was brought under control within minutes and no casualties were reported,” Sawant said.