1. BJP’s faction-ridden Karnataka unit may choose the leader of the opposition later this week as the budget session is set to begin on Monday, July 3. Since last week, party leaders are engaged in allegations and counter-allegations. After the defeat in the assembly elections, the party had to threaten disciplinary action. Eleven leaders have been pulled up For his public statements on other leaders.
2. Chief Minister Siddaramaiah is busy with last minute preparations for the budget session. The budget will be presented on July 7.
3. Sanvidhan Odu campaign organizers are conducting a two-day state level workshop on the art of speech and communication from today. Justice HN Nagamohan Das, Prof. RK Hudgi, Yogesh Master, Dr. Rahmat Tarikere will participate. This program will be organized at Ashirwad, St. Marks Road from 10 am.
4. Kasia Pattina Cooperative Union Niyamita is celebrating its Silver Jubilee today. Cooperation Minister KN Rajanna will inaugurate the program at Kasia Complex in Vijayanagar at 4 pm.
5. Rotary Club of Bangalore will launch a project called ‘Antimicrobial Resistance Stewardship’. Dr. Jitendra Kumar, Managing Director, BIRAC, Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, will participate in the program at Hotel Taj, MG Road at 6 pm.
6. A book titled ‘The Girl from Kathua, A Sacrificial Victim of Gajwa-e-Hindu’ authored by Professor Madhu Purnima Kishwar will be released today. Dr. Kiran Bettadarpur, Advocate and Patent Attorney, Dr. Suchitra Kaul Mishra, Author and Poet, and Dr. Satyam Suwas, Professor, IISc, will participate in the event to be held at Bangalore Press Club, Cubbon Park. 11 a.m.
7. Rajamahal Sangeetha Sabha will present a vocal concert by HV Shruthi at Sri Shankara Adhyayana Kendra, Vinayaka Temple, Gayatri Parishat, behind Udupi Garden hotel, Sanjayanagar Main Road, from 6 pm to 8 pm
8. Kavyashree Art Foundation will present Bharatanatyam by Ananya MP at 5 pm at Shivaratriswar Kendra, JSS Educational Complex, JSS Circle, Gate No. 2 & 3, 1st Main, 38th Cross, Jayanagar 8th Block.
9. Performance by 12 year old drummer Prisha Lokesh at RV Dental College Auditorium, 24th Main Road, ITI Layout, Phase I, JP Nagar, 6.30 pm
from South Karnataka
1. Inauguration of Mysore Literature Festival today at 2 pm. The two-day festival will be held at Hotel Southern Star, Vinoba Road.
2. Home Minister G Parameshwara will hold a review meeting with IGP Southern Range and Commissioner of Police, Mysuru City.
3. KDP meeting to review the progress and implementation of ongoing government programmes.
4. Launch of Van Mahotsav by the Forest Department, which intends to plant around 1.5 lakh saplings in Mysuru in a week.
from Coastal Karnataka
1. Mangaluru Police Commissioner Kuldeep Kumar R Jain to conduct a phone-in program for redressal of complaints related to the police department, at 10 am
2. Dakshina Kannada Member of Parliament Nalin Kumar Kateel will review the progress of centrally sponsored projects and welfare schemes at the District Development Coordination and Monitoring Committee meeting in Mangaluru.
3. Minister for Planning, Program Coordination and Statistics and Chairman of the Karnataka Coastal Development Authority D. Sudhakar will hold a review meeting of the authority at the office of the Deputy Commissioner in Mangaluru at 11.30 am.
4. Police Commissioner Kuldeep Kumar R. Jain will inaugurate the press day organized by Dakshina Kannada Union of Working Journalists at Patrakiya Bhavan in Mangaluru. He will present the Brand Mangaluru Awards instituted by the Sangh to two journalists at 11.30 am
from north karnataka
1. Medical Education Minister Dr. Sharan Prakash Patil will address the Doctor’s Day celebrations at ESIC Hospital, Kalaburagi at 11 am.
2. Labor Minister Santosh Lad will participate in the KDP review meeting in Dharwad.
3. The Karnataka Chamber of Commerce and Industry will felicitate the legislators in Hubli this evening.