Panipat3 minutes ago
- copy link
Wrestlers have been sitting on a dharna at Jantar Mantar since April 23.
Wrestlers have been sitting on a dharna for 32 consecutive days at Jantar Mantar demanding the arrest of former Wrestling Federation of India President Brij Bhushan Sharan. Meanwhile, on Wednesday, a petition to register an FIR against the wrestlers has been filed in the Patiala House Court. This petition has been filed on behalf of complainant Bam Bam Maharaj’s lawyer AP Singh.
In which it has been said to make false allegations against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh. This petition will be heard today i.e. on Thursday. The three main faces of the allegation have been leveled at wrestlers Sakshi Malik, Vinesh Phogat and Bajrang Punia.
False allegations against PM Modi and Brij Bhushan
Advocate AP Singh has filed a petition in the court on behalf of the petitioner Bam Bam Maharaj. In this petition, it has been said that other wrestlers including wrestlers Vinesh Phogat, Bajrang Punia and Sakshi Malik have made false allegations against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President of Wrestling Federation of India Brij Bhushan Singh.
He gave provocative speeches from Jantar Mantar. It has been said that all the allegations leveled against Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh are false. Such allegations have been leveled under someone’s pressure for personal gain.
It was also said in the complaint
It is further said that the accused wrestlers also play in international tournaments. None of them was physically or otherwise weak to resist the alleged offence. So it is hard to believe that he was harassed by a 66 year old man.
The petition states that none of these wrestlers had earlier protested against the alleged harassment, nor given any written or oral complaint or filed a case at the police station, women’s helpline or the State Women’s Commission. The protest by the wrestlers at Jantar Mantar is being created only to put unnecessary pressure on the police and the court.
Mahapanchayat on Khatkhar toll today, Bajrang-Vinesh will be involved
A mahapanchayat has been called by the farmers today at Khatkhar toll in Jind. In which women wrestlers Vinesh Phogat and Bajrang Punia will be included. A mahapanchayat has been called in front of the new Parliament on the coming May 28, the time of which has been fixed from 11 am.
The players have called upon the countrymen, especially the women, to demand justice by participating in this mahapanchayat in maximum numbers. Here, Sakshi Malik had reached Hisar on Wednesday, where he also invited the people for the mahapanchayat on May 28.
Now read what has happened in the strike so far…
- On 18 January 2023, Vinesh Phogat along with Sakshi Malik and Bajrang Punia started protesting at Jantar Mantar in Delhi. Alleged that Wrestling Federation President Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh has sexually exploited many women wrestlers. Vinesh alleged that Brij Bhushan used to stay on the same floor of the hotel where the women wrestlers used to stay.
- After the dispute escalated on January 21, the wrestlers met Sports Minister Anurag Thakur and the strike ended. It was assured that the inquiry report of the committee would come within four weeks, till then Brij Bhushan Singh’s rights are taken away. The period of investigation was extended by two weeks. But this report has not been made public yet.
- On April 23, the wrestlers once again reached Jantar Mantar to protest. He said that we have not got justice and the strike will continue until Brij Bhushan is arrested.
- On April 28, an appeal has also been made in the Supreme Court on behalf of the wrestlers. Following the directions of the Supreme Court, the Delhi Police has registered an FIR in this matter. Delhi Police has registered two FIRs. An FIR of sexual harassment of a minor wrestler in which POCSO Act has also been imposed. The second FIR pertains to sexual harassment of adult female wrestlers.
- On the night of 3 May there was a clash between the wrestlers and the policemen. Wrestler Rakesh Yadav and Vinesh Phogat’s brother Dushyant sustained injuries in the clash. While the Delhi Police says that force was not used on the wrestler, 5 policemen were injured.
- On May 7, a mahapanchayat of khaps was held at Jantar Mantar. In this mahapanchayat, the government was given an ultimatum of 15 days to arrest Brijbhushan. Farmer leader Rakesh Tikait said that a mahapanchayat was held again on May 21 when no solution was found, in which several decisions were taken. In the evening, Brijbhushan talked about getting narco test done for himself and the wrestlers.
- On May 22, the wrestlers accepted the challenge of getting Brij Bhushan’s narco test done by holding a press conference at Jantar Mantar. Also said that the test process should be under the supervision of the Supreme Court and the entire telecast should be live.
- On May 23, along with wrestlers, a large number of farmers, youth, students and others took out a candle march at India Gate.
- On March 24, Sakshi Malik reached Hisar with her husband Satyavrat Malik, where she invited people for a mahapanchayat to be held in front of the new Parliament House on May 28. Apart from this, a petition was filed in the Patiala House Court to register an FIR against Bajrang Punia, Sakshi Malik and Vinesh Phogat.
Read these news also: –
Petition against wrestlers in Patiala House Court: Demand for FIR on Vinesh-Bajrang etc.
A petition has been filed in the Patiala House Court demanding registration of an FIR against the wrestlers protesting at Jantar Mantar. The court will hear the matter at 2 pm on Thursday. It has been said in this petition that Vinesh Phogat, Bajrang Punia and Sakshi Malik and other wrestlers have made false allegations against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Brij Bhushan Singh. (Read full news)
March of wrestlers at India Gate: carrying the tricolor, took to the road with supporters; Said- Police chased away the supporters from India Gate
Wrestlers took out a march from India Gate on Tuesday demanding the arrest of former Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) president Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh. People participated in it carrying the tricolor. Wrestlers alleged that police vacated India Gate so that people could not participate in their support (Read full news)